Choosing the right air conditioner for your home is one of the crucial decisions that a homeowner like you will make sooner or later. Whether you’re getting a new system for your new home or replacing an outdated unit, there are certain factors to look into. Dave’s Heat & Air, a company known for top-notch HVAC services, shares some tips to help you find the best cooling system for your home:
1. Know your options. Not all air cooling systems are created equal. You should know what your options are because different systems offer different sets of features and benefits.
- Central Air Conditioners – Very popular in the U.S., these are designed to circulate cool air through a complex system of return registers and supply ducts. There are two common central air conditioner types: split and packaged.
- Ductless Mini Split Air Conditioners – These systems do not require ductwork as the air conditioner and heat pump are outside the home. A 24 hour AC company, Dave’s Heat & Air recommends these if you are looking for a small and simple system.
- Heat Pumps – A split system that both heats and cools the home, it provides cooled air during summer and warmed air in winter. You can choose between the air source and geothermal heat pumps.
2. Get the right size. To make sure your air conditioning system can sufficiently cool your home, purchase one that is the right size for your home. Consulting with an HVAC professional like Dave’s Heat & Air is the best way to understand what the size of your system should be.
3. Consider maintenance. While you can contact your trusted HVAC contractor for emergency air conditioner service, it would still be best if you can get a system that is durable and easy to maintain, allowing you to enjoy long service lives even with minimal maintenance.
To learn more about the best air conditioning systems available, get in touch with Dave’s Heat & Air. We carry high-quality products and systems from top manufacturers in the industry, so we’re sure to have something to take care of your air cooling needs exactly. To schedule a FREE consultation, simply give us a call today at (972) 524-5996.